Thursday, September 17, 2009

Potatoes



The past few weeks I've been very curious about the potatoes. At times I would stop at the "potato box" and dig around a little with my hand. I guess you are suppose to wait to harvest until the plants have died back. Well - the garden season is winding down and I just could not wait any longer! Towards the end of the night, I decided to take a look and see if I could find any potatoes. After I dug up the first potato I was ready for a second potato, then a third and so on.


By the end of the night we had dug the potatoes up in about 1/2 of the bed. The potatoes were nice. I asked several others in the garden if they'd like to dig some potatoes and that it was like a treasure hunt. Finally a couple of the youth tried their hand at potato digging and actually said how much fun it was to search for the potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment