Friday, September 25, 2009

Epworth Havesting


We've had lots of rain in the past week and unfortunately we haven't been able to harvest in the gardens like we normally would. This evening, I went out determined to harvest tomatoes and a few other items. I knew that since we hadn't picked tomatoes in about a week that there would be lots! This time of the year darkness comes earlier and earlier so it becomes a race against time to get over to the garden after work and harvest everything before night comes. First on the list to harvest are the purple beans. Purple is a bit hard to see in the dark. Last on the list is typically tomatoes. At a certain point it becomes just too dark to see the tomatoes and you'll start stepping on more than you harvest. I got as much as I could before it was just too dark. I'll try to get up early in the morning and go back to the garden and harvest more tomatoes. I bet this week will be a record harvest for tomatoes for Epworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment