Monday, June 20, 2011

My Tomato



















I had a few cement blocks left over from the other gardens so I had set them aside to figure out what plant I should grow inside this small area. Seemed like this would be a good spot for a single tomato plant. The other day as I was cleaning out the compost bin I can across this volunteer tomato. We've had plenty of volunteer tomato plants that have popped up in the garden. Almost all of them are from cherry tomatoes from previous years. I've learned that these cherry tomato volunteers (probably from a hybrid plant) do not produce very well. This volunteer plant looks like a Brandywine tomato plant. I can tell from the "potato" like leaves. I have high hopes for this tomato plant and look forward to what this plant will produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment