Saturday, May 7, 2011

Northwold Production Garden



















Finally had a little bit of clear skies this afternoon, so I decided to cut the grass over at the Northwold Garden. Once again we are leasing this city lot. We'll need to build some raised beds for the edible veggies we grow. Took some measurements and it looks like we are going to build 4 raised beds - 6 ft. by 50ft with 3 ft wood chip paths in between the rows. We do have an area where we have removed the grass and tilled. We will probably grow some ornamental corn, pumpkins and possible some gourd in this area. While I was cutting the grass I noticed one of the neighbors was in a sticky situation. He has rented a bobcat and gotten it stuck in the mud. Roni and I lent him a hand along with one of the guys from MJ's next door. I'm hoping he will get done with the project at his house and come over and remove all the grass off the lot. Some how with the rain this afternoon, I'm doubting that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment