Monday, April 11, 2011

Seedling Update



















The seedlings are looking great. The "better half" of the broccoli is growing well again after a brief period of cold temperatures outside (upper 20's) a few weeks ago. I hope to have all the broccoli planted outside within the next week so I can use the larger containers to transplant some tomato plants. The tomato plants look good and some are tall enough for the level of the lights to be adjusted. Many tomato plants have several sets of true leaves. I've already used some liquid Miracle-Gro on the older plants with true leaves to give them a little extra nutrients. The pepper plants are slow, but still look ok. I have to remember to be patient. When the weather warms up outside it's easy to plant some plants, but if the soil temperature hasn't warmed up enough the plants will not grow. Also, if you put a tender plant out and the night temperature dips too much you can have serious frost damage. When I see my garden friends are various meeting I try to keep myself grounded and check in to make sure I am not making stupid moves like I have in past season. Keep the tomatoes inside until around the 3rd week or May or later. The peppers, cucumbers and pumpkins will need to go outside a little later as as well.


















No comments:

Post a Comment