Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Roses, Roses and More Roses



















Still waiting on the roses to develop their first set of true leaves. These are the first roses I've ever grown from seeds so its quite a learn experience. I probably should thin the plants more. I'm not sure why I feel the need to hold on so to every little seedling. If I would thin more then the remaining seedlings would have a better chance of becoming healthier plants. Not really crazy about the pink pail, but its part of the entire experiment. The peat type mix is a little different as well. I'm use to working with potting soil. Its different trying to tell when to water. The package said specifically not to over water. I guess I should use the "digit test" - stick a finger in the mix and see if its dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment