Saturday, May 8, 2010

Seeds



















We still have quite a few seed trays waiting for warmer weather. For about a week the seedlings have been outside all day and night to be harden off a bit. The weather tonight is dropping down into the low 30's, so I've brought all of the warmer weather seedlings inside for a couple of days: squash, tomatoes, peppers, etc. I did leave the pansies and lettuce out. I'm really not sure why I haven't planted these plants in the garden yet.  The other plants I've been interested in are the Porterhouse tomatoes. I've been babying these plants a bit in hopes for a large slicing tomato later on this season. According to the advertisements from Burpee's these tomatoes can reach between 2 to 4 lbs. We'll see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment